01 January 2011

End of 2010 Survey (I'll post a second Best of later! )

Jamie, at The Perpetual Page Turner, came up with an awesome book blogging survey. I just decided decided to fill it out. I hope it's okay that I'm not concentrating only in YA but on all books I've read this year :/. Only 31 minutes left to 2011, so I should get this under way now! Check out the other responses and fill out your own here here!


1. Best Book of 2010?

Help, I can't even answer the first question :/ :S! I don't know which book is my personal favourite of 2010. There are so many! There are a lot of books I've given 5 stars to. Maybe I should say ' Becoming Scarlett' by Ciara Geraghty. On the other hand I've read a lot of awesome books this year. A Girl Like You by Gemma Burgess (I read it the day before yesterday) or The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa are some of my favourites and thus Best Books I've read 2010!

2. Worst Book of 2010?
I'm sorry to say that I don't have a worst book of 2010. If a book is bad I don't finish it so I wouldn't know how bad it is :D

3. Most disappointing book of 2010?
Ahh, there are many. Some of which I haven't finished. As Nightshade by Andrea Cremer ( Iwasn't in the mood) or Matched by Ally Condie or how about Jane by April Lindner (soo disappointing - I love Jane Eyre!)

4. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2010?
Another difficult question, maybe I shouldn't have filled out this form after all. I can't answer this question directly either. But most of the YA I've read this year surprised me. Surprised me that I actually liked YA, that I should read it! Like North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley or the books by Sarah Dessen I've read this year. All of them made me start reading YA in earnest

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010?
Well, I haven't recommended any books to people this year (apart from my recommendations and reviews on my blog). People I know don't read chick-lit or YA, they don't read in English...

6. Best series you discovered in 2010?
Well, as I've just started reading YA and the chick-lit I read doesn't really do series I don't have much to choose from :P. But I'd say The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa - I love it!!!!

7. Favourite new authors you discovered in 2010?

Oh, there are many!! Justina Chen Headley, Kody Keplinger, Julie Kagawa, Gemma Burgess, Michele Holman, Sophie Jordan, Alicia Thompson and of course Stephanie Perkins!!! to just name a few!!!!

8.Most hilarious read of 2010?

A Girl Like You by Gemma Burgess or Katy Carter Wants a Hero by Ruth Saberton

9. Most thrilling unputdownable book of 2010?

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010?

Ehm, about every book I bought:)
11. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2010?

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
12. Most memorable character in 2010?

Etienne St.Clair in Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins or Ash in The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa...or what about Bianca in The Duff by Kody Keplinger??

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010?
All of my favourites were beautiful in some way. I really liked the writing in The Iron Fey though.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?

Well I really shouldn't have answered this 'poll'. ALL OF THEM. They all have an impact, they all move me, they all change me...if not they are rubbish!

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read!

The books by Sarah Dessen - I'm late to YA- obviously!




No comments :

Post a Comment