11 August 2011

Chick-lit Corner: Bookreview

Bookreview
Girl On The Run by Jane Costello

I'm cheating a little bit today, as I've had a horrid week (those who follow me on twitter know why) and just couldn't read, so the book I'd planned to review today hides under my bed only half-read. So I thought I'd post a short review of a book I've read back in April.

Girl on the Run - Jane Costello

Abby Rogers has been on health kicks before - they involve eating one blueberry muffin for breakfast instead of two. When she's encouraged to join her fitness-fanatic best friend's running club - by none other than its gorgeous new captain - she finds a mysterious compulsion to exercise.









Why did I read this book?
 I've been a huge Jane Costello fan ever since I found her first book Bridesmaids in a bookstore in Stockholm a few years back. I've devoured her books ever since. So, of course I had to read her latest one too. 
The Cover
I love the cover, it matches the previous ones and fits the story perfectly. It's summery, it's fresh, it's funny.

My Thought about the Book
Sadly it is already a few months since I've read this book so my thoughts about it aren't as coherent as I'd like them to be. I like to have the story fresh in my mind when I review a book.
Anyway, I remember that I giggled my way through it. From start to finish. I felt a strong friendship with Abby, she's really likeable, funny and charming. I could really relate to her aversion to all things exercise as I'm really not the sporty-type and particulary hate running (which may have to do with the fact that I have very very weak ankles and always sprain them as soon as I start to run, or well, I sprain them even when I walk, but that's another story). 
I admire Abby's fighting-spirit, that she doesn't give up because she has something to fight for. That she wants to run for charity, to help her friend is just awesome.
Lets not forget about the man in the story. *Swoon*. Where was I? Ahh, yes, he's perfect. Enough said. He and Abby have a lot of chemistry, the dialogues are witty and snappy. 

All in all..I loved this book. It made me giggle. Chick-lit at its best!



No comments :

Post a Comment